Thegns and Bannthegns
Coronet Thegn Banthegn by Anita Challis is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 / A derivative from the original work
This award is unique to the Kingdom of Atenveldt and recognizes the service of people who have served as a Territorial Baron or Baroness after they have completed the duties and responsibilities of their tenure.
Members are entitled to wear a six-pointed Coronet according to the Atenveldt Sumptuary Laws. The coronet should be made of precious metals, embellished with spheres of pearls or precious stones. The badge of the Barony they served shall be incorporated in the design.
Thegns and Bannthegns (the title of Thegn and Bannthegn is awarded to those who have served as Territorial Baron and Baroness in Our Lands) shall wear a Coronet of precious metals with six points and embellished with spheroids, pearls, or precious stones. The badge of the Barony they served shall be incorporated in the design and the overall height of the Coronet shall not exceed two (2.0") inches including the spheroids."
In addition, recipients can add elements to their full achievement of arms. (See Achievement of Arms for more detail)
Bestows the title of "Thegn" (male) or "Bannthegn" (female). Individuals are addressed as "Your Excellency".
Order of Precedence
This award takes precedence after Peers and Founding Barons, but before the Lions of Atenveldt.
In Anno Societatis Thirty, during the First Reign of Their Royal Majesties Mathghamhain and Katerina there was created an award known as the Order of the Thegns and Bannthegns. On September 2, 1995, Their Majesties granted membership in the Order to former Territorial Barons and Baronesses of Artemisia and the Sun.
- There shall exist in the Kingdom of Atenveldt an award, known as the Order of the Thegns and Bannthegns, which may be given by the King and Queen to those persons who have served as Territorial Baron or Baroness of the Kingdom of Atenveldt, once said persons have completed the duties and responsibilities of their tenure.
- The members of the Order shall be entitled to use the title Thegn or Bannthegn before their names
- The members of the Order shall be entitled to wear a Coronet of precious metals with six points and embellished with spheroids, pearl, or precious stones. The badge of the Barony they served shall be incorporated in the design
- Companions of the Order shall take precedence after Founding Barons.
- Amendments to this Charter shall be made by the Crown of Atenveldt.
- The membership in the Order of all previous recipients is hereby confirmed.
- Kingdom Seneschal. “Sumptuary Traditions and Guidelines of the Kingdom of Atenveldt.” , Kingdom of Atenveldt, SCA Inc, 1 May 2018, docs.google.com/document/d/114dEXuQtmK0YujX0bTf9W5CEtlhGFcZSR0B7XtvqEoc/edit.
|All Awards||B. of Atenveldt||Tir Ysgithr|
|Sun Dragon||Mons Tonitrus||Twin Moons|
|Ered Sul||Granite Mountain|