Star of the Desert
"Badge for the Star of the Desert" by Anita Challis is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0
This award is given to recognize the large amount of volunteer time needed to run our annual Estrella War. The award can be given to anyone who has worked for the event, in Atenveldt or other kingdoms.
A medallion bearing "Per fess indented azure and argent, in chief four mullets of four points elongated palewise Or and in base a sun in splendor azure" suspended from a ribbon. This award has three levels for adults, and two for youth; the level of the award is shown by the color of the ribbon as follows:
- Vert — youth under 13
- Sable — youth 13 - 17
- Gules – 1st level
- Azure – 2nd level
- Argent – 3rd level (highest)
The Star of the Desert can be given to the same individual more than once, but only at a higher level than they currently hold.
Bestows no titles or arms
Order of Precedence
This award is non-armigerous and takes precedence over AoA's and baronial armigerous awards, but below Principality of the Sun awards
In Anno Societatis thirty-seven, during the third Reign of Their Royal Majesties Aaron and Alessandra was created an award known as the Order of the Star of the Desert.
- There shall exist in the Kingdom of Atenveldt an award known as the Order of the Star of the Desert, which may be given by the Crown to individuals who show tireless service helping with the running of the Estrella War. Dependent on the years of service for the war the recipient may receive a Gules - 1st level; Azure - 2nd level, or Argent - 3rd and highest level Star of the Desert Award. In addition there will be two levels for youths. For those youths under 13 years of age may receive the Vert level and for those youths aged 13 to 17 may receive the Sable level of the Star of the Desert.
- This Award shall be given to Adults in three Levels, Gules, Azure, and Argent; and to youths in two levels, Vert and Sable. The Level being determined by the Crown at the time of presentation. This award may be presented to the same individual more than once, but only at a higher Level than is currently held by the recipient.
- The members of this Order shall be styled as Companion of the Order of the Star of the Desert, and be entitled to place the initials (for Adults) SDG, SDB, or SDA; and for Youths SDV or SDS after their names.
- The insignia of the order shall be; "Per fess indented azure and argent, in chief four mullets of four points elongated palewise Or and in base a sun in splendor azure", suspended from a ribbon to denote the level as follows:
- Vert - youth under 13
- Sable - youth 13 - 17
- Gules – 1st level
- Azure - 2nd level
- Argent - 3rd level (highest)
- Companions of the Order shall take precedence after armigerous Principality Awards and before armigerous Baronial Awards.
- The Protectors of the order will be the Crown of Atenveldt.
- Amendments to this charter shall be made by the Crown of Atenveldt.
- Membership in the Order of all previous recipients of this award is hereby confirmed.
|All Awards||B. of Atenveldt||Tir Ysgithr|
|Sun Dragon||Mons Tonitrus||Twin Moons|
|Ered Sul||Granite Mountain|