Pilgrim of the Desert
"Badge for the Pilgrim of the Desert" by Anita Challis is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0
The Pilgrim of the Desert is given to people who promote historical authenticity in the recreation of the Current Middle Ages. As the SCA is an immersive history group where we research and re-create pre-17th century activities, it is fitting that we recognize those who endeavor to create a high standard of authenticity in their dress, behavior, persona, and goods, in the feast hall, in their encampments, and on the field.
A medallion bearing "Azure, an escallop argent and a demi-sun issuant from base Or" dependent from a cord around the neck
Bestows no titles or arms
Order of Precedence
This award is non-armigerous and takes precedence after Grants of Arms but before Principality of the Sun awards
In Anno Societatis thirty-seven, during the first Reign of Their Royal Aten Majesties Jonathon and Deille there was created an award known as the Order of the Pilgrim of the Desert. Ann Busshenell of Tylehurst was created Premier of this Order on May 1, 2003.
- There shall exist in the Kingdom of Atenveldt an award known as the Order of the Pilgrim of the Desert, which may be given by the Crown to those individuals who promote historical authenticity in the recreation of the Current Middle Ages.
- The members of this Order shall be styled as Companions of the Pilgrim of the Desert and shall be entitled to place the initials C.D.P. after their names.
- The insignia of the order shall be, A medallion; Azure, an escallop argent and a demi-sun issuant from base Or.
- Companions of the Order shall take precedence after Grants of Arms but before Principality Orders.
- The Protectors of the Order shall be the Crown of Atenveldt.
- Amendments to this charter shall be made by the Crown of Atenveldt.
- Membership in the Order of all previous recipients of this award is hereby confirmed.