Order of the Golden Sun of Atenveldt
"Badge for the Order of the Golden Sun" by Anita Challis is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0
This is an honor given to individuals after they have served the Kingdom as Kingdom of Atenveldt Arts and Sciences Champion. This award has no precedence.
The Kingdom Arts and Sciences Champion is a court position held for one year and chosen through an annual competition of arts, skills and research from the time period and cultures covered by the SCA.
Click here to see the list of people who companions of this order.
Badge bearing "Azure, a demi-sun issuant from base Or and a bourdure embattled argent". On the Azure part, above the Demi-sun, will be the Anno Societatis year(s) in Roman Numerals when that particular Champion was in office.
Bestows no titles or arms
Order of Precedence
This award is non-armigerous and has no precedence
In Anno Societatis XLVII (forty seven), during the Reign of Their Royal Aten Majesties King Tristan and Queen Damiana, there was created an award, subject to the approval of the College of Arms, known as the Order of the Golden Sun of Atenveldt.
- There shall exist in the Kingdom of Atenveldt an award known as the Order of the Golden Sun of Atenveldt. It shall be given to those persons who have ever served as the Kingdom of Atenveldt Arts and Sciences Champion.
- The holders of this award shall be styles as Companions of Order of the Golden Sun of Atenveldt and shall be entitled to place the initials CGS after their name.
- The insignia of the Order shall be a Badge bearing "Azure, a demi-sun issuant from base Or and a bourdure embattled argent". On the Azure above the Demi-sun will be placed in Roman Numerals the number in succession that particular Champion was in office.
- The award shall carry neither arms nor precedence.
- The Protectors of the order will be the Crown of Atenveldt.
- Amendments to this charter shall be made by the Crown of Atenveldt.
- The membership in the Order of all previous recipients of this award is hereby confirmed
All Awards B. of Atenveldt Tir Ysgithr Sun Dragon Mons Tonitrus Twin Moons Ered Sul Granite Mountain