Lion's Pride of Atenveldt
"Badge for the Lion's Pride" by Anita Challis is in the Public Domain
The Lion’s Pride is given to youth under 13 years of age who show knowledge of life in the Current Middle Ages. Recipients know and use the appropriate courtesies consistently; and demonstrate, to the best of their abilities and knowledge; a willingness to serve, abilities in the arts and sciences, and an interest in the arts of war.
A lion’s tail proper to be worn as a cord looped at the right shoulder.
Bestows no titles or arms
Order of Precedence
This award is non-armigerous and takes precedence after AoA's but before non-armigerous Principality of the Sun awards.
In Anno Societatis Thirty, during the second Reign of Their Majesties Trelon and Varia there was created an award known as the Order of the Lion’s Pride of Atenveldt. Morgan of the Oaks was created Premier of this Order on September 2, 1995.
- There shall exist in the Kingdom of Atenveldt an award, known as the Order of the Lion’s Pride of Atenveldt, which may be given by the Crown to those young people who demonstrate an understanding of life in these Current Middle Ages, who know and use the appropriate courtesies consistently, and who demonstrate to the best of their abilities and knowledge; a willingness to serve, abilities in the arts and sciences, and an interest in the arts of war.
- The members of the Order shall be styled as Companions of the Order of the Lion’s Pride of Atenveldt and shall be entitled to place the initials L.P.A. after their names.
- The insignia of the Order shall be in the form of a Lion’s Tail proper to be worn as a cord looped at the right shoulder.
- Recipients of the award shall have attained no more than 12 years of age, and shall have been active in the Society for Creative Anachronism for at least two years.
- Companions of the Order shall take precedence after Awards of Arms but before non-armigerous Principality Orders.
- Amendments to this Charter shall be made by the Crown of Atenveldt.
- Membership in the Order of all previous recipients of this Award is hereby confirmed.