Hope of the Sun of Atenveldt
"Badge for the Hope of the Sun" by Anita Challis, is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0
The Hope of the Sun is given to youth between 13 and 17 who show an understanding of life in the Current Middle Ages. Recipients know and use the appropriate courtesies consistently; show they are willing to serve (to the best of their abilities and understanding); show interest and ability in the arts and sciences, and/or an interest in the arts of war.
A medallion bearing “Or, a branch bendwise sinister vert between two scarpes within a bordure indented azure”. This award is given in multiple disciplines, shown by the color of the ribbon with the award medallion and may be received by a youth once in each area:
- Yellow (Service)
- Green (Arts & Sciences)
- Red (Arts of War)
Bestows no titles or arms
Order of Precedence
This award is non-armigerous and takes precedence after AoA's but before non-armigerous Principality of the Sun awards.
In Anno Societatis Thirty-two, during the first Reign of Their Majesties Aaron and Alessandra there was created an award known as the Order of the Hope of the Sun of Atenveldt. Marie Josephine was created Premier of this Order on September 6, 1997. In Anno Societatis Fifty-two, during the first reign of Their Majesties Marek and Golda the charter for the Hope of the Sun was amended.
- There shall exist in the Kingdom of Atenveldt an award, known as the Order of the Hope of the Sun of Atenveldt, which may be given by the Crown to those young people who demonstrate an understanding of life in these Current Middle Ages, who know and use the appropriate courtesies consistently, and who demonstrate to the best of their abilities and knowledge; a willingness to serve ( Or Ribbon), abilities in the arts and sciences (Vert Ribbon), an interest in the arts of war (Gules Ribbon).
- The members of the Order shall be styled as Companions of the Hope of the Sun of Atenveldt and shall be entitled to place the initials H.S.A. after their names.
- The insignia of the Order shall consist of a medallion, bearing; “Or, a branch bendwise sinister vert between two scarpes within a bordure indented azure”;and suspended from a colored ribbon:
- Or for Service
- Vert for Arts
- Gules for the Arts of War
- Recipients of the award shall have attained no more than 18 or less than 13 years of age, and shall have been active in the Society for Creative Anachronism for at least one year.
- Companions of the Order shall take precedence after Awards of Arms but before non-armigerous Principality Orders.
- Amendments to this Charter shall be made by the Crown of Atenveldt.
- Membership in the Order of all previous recipients of this Award is hereby confirmed.
November 16, 2017
Merek, Rex Atenveldtus. Golda, Regina
Seamus McDade, Aten Principal Herald