Guardians of Atenveldt
"Badge for the Guardian of Atenveldt" by Anita Challis, is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0
This award is given to armored combat and rapier fighters who show talent in melee battles and military tactics for SCA-style warfare. Fighters must also be able to teach these skills to others.
The Guardian of Atenveldt is given at three levels - Legionnaire, Officer, Commander. This award can be presented to the same person more than once, but only in a higher degree than is currently held.
Guardians have a higher level of precedence than the Blood of Fenris and Golden Blade.
A medallion bearing "Per pale argent and azure, in pale a sun in his splendor and two swords in saltire or" dependent from a ribbon around the neck. The award level is shown by the color of the ribbon with the award medallion. The three levels are:
- Legionnaire – 1st level, azure (blue) ribbon
- Officer – 2nd level, argent (white) ribbon
- Commander – 3rd level, or (gold) ribbon (highest level)
Bestows no titles or arms
Order of Precedence
This award is non-armigerous and takes precedence after Grants of Arms but before Principality of the Sun awards
In Anno Societatis Twenty-three during the Third Reign of Their Royal Majesties, Trelon and Daphne there was created an award known as the Order of the Guardians of Atenveldt. On March 11, 1989 Alwyn Stewart and Justin du Roc were created Premier Commanders; Marshall of Eagles Bane was created Premier Officer; and Arnwald of Atenveldt was created Premier Legionnaire.
- There shall exist in the Kingdom of Atenveldt an award known as the Order of the Guardians of Atenveldt, which may be given at the Crown’s pleasure to those persons whom They believe have demonstrated a special talent and excellence in the organization and practice of the arts of war, and the teaching of military tactics for SCA style warfare.
- This Award shall be given in the degrees of Commander, Officer, and Legionnaire, the designation being determined by the Crown at the time of presentation. This award may be presented to the same individual more than once, but only in a higher degree than is currently held by the recipient.
- The members of the Order shall be styled Commanders, Officers or Legionnaires of the Guardians of Atenveldt, and shall be entitled to place the initials GAC, GAO, or LGA, as appropriate, after their names.
- The insignia for the Legion shall be a medallion,"Per pale argent and azure, in pale a sun in his splendor and two swords in saltire or". The medallion shall be suspended from colored ribands to denote the degree of the award as follows:
- Commander -- a riband of gold
- Officer -- a riband of silver
- Legionnaire -- a riband of blue.
- Companions of the Order shall take precedence after Grants of Arms but before Principality orders.
- Amendments to this charter shall be made by the Crown of Atenveldt.
- The membership of all previous recipients of this award is hereby confirmed.