"Badge for the Golden Needle" by Anita Challis, is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0
This award is given to people that enhance the medieval atmosphere of the society by devoting their artistic skills to other people in order to serve the Kingdom. The Golden Needle recognizes artists that use their tailoring and needlework skills to serve the Kingdom and its populace.
A medallion bearing "azure, a needle or, within a bordure rayonny or".
Confers a Grant of Arms which bestows the title of "Honorable Lord/Lady". individuals are addressed as "Your Lordship / Ladyship".
Order of Precedence
This award is armigerous and takes precedence after the Lions of Atenveldt and before simple grants of arms
In Anno Societatis forty-seven, during the second reign of Morgan and Livia there was an award created known as the Order of the Golden Needle. Angele Plaisance was created premier of the order on March 1, 2014.
- There shall exist in the Kingdom of Atenveldt an award known as the Golden Needle to recognize those talented individuals who enhance the medieval atmosphere of the society by tirelessly donating their artistic skills unto others in order to serve their Kingdom; thus creating the ambiance for all to enjoy.
This award recognizes those that have bridged the gap between creating and embellishing clothing for the love of creativity, and utilizing this skill in order to serve the Kingdom and its populace.
- Members of the order shall be styled Wielders of the Golden Needle and be allowed to place the initials WGN after their name.
- The insignia shall be “Azure, a needle Or, within a bordure rayonny Or”.
- The order shall carry with it a grant of arms and take precedence following the Lions of Atenveldt and before simple grants of arms.
- The Crown of Atenveldt may make amendments to the charter.
- The principal protector of the order shall be the Crown of Atenveldt.
- Membership in the Order of all previous recipients of this award is hereby confirmed.