Commander of the Hawk's Lure
Sodacan, Arms of David Hubert Boothby Chesshyre, used hawk's lure by Anita Challis, CC BY-SA 4.0
The Commander of the Hawk’s Lure is given to someone who has a Hawk’s Lure and continues to show outstanding prowess in the fighting arts, both in teaching and in the use of traditional SCA style weaponry. This is a very special award as only one may be given out per reign and the Crown puts a lot of thought into their choice
a golden Hawk’s lure, to be displayed suspended from the belt
Confers a Grant of Arms which bestows the title of "Honorable Lord/Lady". Individuals are addressed as "Your Lordship / Ladyship".
Order of Precedence
This award is armigerous and takes precedence after the Lions of Atenveldt and before simple grants of arms. The Commander has a higher precedence than the Hawk's Lure.
In Anno Societatis Thirty-four, during the Reign of Their Royal Aten Majesties Arthur and Gabriela there was created an award known as the Commanders of the Hawk’s Lure. William Flanagan was created Premier of this Order on November 4, 2000.
- There shall exist in the Kingdom of Atenveldt an award, known as the Commanders of the Hawk’s Lure, which may be given by the King and Queen to that person who has continued to demonstrate excellence in the fighting arts, both in teaching and in the use of traditional SCA style weaponry.
- Companionship in the Order requires that the recipient shall have already been admitted to the Order of the Hawk’s Lure in a previous Reign.
- Only one person shall be admitted to the Order each Reign.
- The members of the Order shall be styled as Commanders of the Hawk’s Lure and shall be entitled to place the initials C.H.L.C. after their names.
- The insignia of the Order shall consist of a golden Hawk’s lure, to be displayed suspended from the belt.
- Companionship in the Order shall carry a Grant of Arms.
- Commanders of the Order shall take precedence after the Lions of Atenveldt and before simple Grants of Arms.
- The Principal and Protector of the Order shall be the King.
- Amendments to this charter shall be made by the Crown of Atenveldt.
- Membership in the Order of all previous recipients of this award is hereby confirmed.