Augmentation of Arms
From Kingdom of Atenveldt
"Aten augmentation badge" by Anita Challis, Kingdom of Atenveldt, SCA Inc is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0
The SCA College of Heralds defines this as "An honor added to a registered device". It is an interesting honor that is not given out frequently. It is an armigerous award that has no precedence in the OP, nor any titles.
- First, the Crown must bestow an augmentation - an honor that gives the recipient the right to add a charge(s) to a registered device. Augmentations are often given specially to recognize a person for service to the Kingdom above and beyond the call of duty.
- The recipient then decides on the desired form of the augmentation, though the Crown may make suggestions.
- Should the Crown decide to choose the form of the augmentation, they can use the Kingdom of Atenveldt's standard augmentation "(Fieldless) On a canton azure, a sun in his glory issuant from base Or, within a bordure argent." or something symbolic of the service done. (eg. a spear for a champion, or a candle enflamed for someone who has served the arts and sciences)
- Then the recipient must register the augmentation with the College of Arms. Augmentations are usually registered by the College of Arms in the form
<Blazon of device>, for augmentation, <blazon of augmentation>".
- SCA College of Heralds. “Augmentation of Arms.” Glossary of Terms, SCA Inc. College of Arms, 1 July 2020, heraldry.sca.org/coagloss.html#coagloss.
|All Awards||B. of Atenveldt||Tir Ysgithr|
|Sun Dragon||Mons Tonitrus||Twin Moons|
|Ered Sul||Granite Mountain|